Today, I will be talking about Loom. It’s a free tool that allows you to record your screen and share it with others. The entire process is super simple and quick.
Loom is more than a screen recorder, though. The culture behind the business is that typing takes longer than recording a quick video, so for them, Loom is actually a communication tool where you can transmit your message and share ideas, notes, presentations, provide remote training, and much more, using video.
You can use Loom to reply to clients’ e-mails, for example, and show them a project that you might be working on. Or, perhaps, you can create a step-by-step process for someone to follow.
- To get started, go to useloom.com.
- Click on One-Click Install, then select Add extension.
- Create an account, and log in.
- To start a recording session, click on Loom.
- You can choose if you want to record your voice, your screen, your front camera or webcam, or all three of them at the same time.
- Click on Start Recording when you’re ready.
- Down the bottom, you will see some controls.
- You can stop, pause, or finish the video.
- You can also change the camera or webcam settings.
- Once you finish recording, you can click on Finish recording.
- The link will be copied to the clipboard, ready to be shared.
- The video will also open in the browser, so you can see what it looks like.
- From there, you will have more options: share on social media, Gmail, set permissions, download, or delete.
I hope you enjoy this tool.